There’s a great post over at The Undersized Basketball Podcast which has details of a couple of NBA player’s postseason workouts. For example:
- I wake up at 8 a.m.
- I eat breakfast, usually granola and fruit.
- I warm up, stretch, foam roll, do corrective exercises, core work, and lift heavy.
- I go right to the court.
- I start with inside work: jump hooks, baby hooks, short jumpers, and Mikan drill.
- Then I move to perimeter stuff: ball-handling series, face-up moves, game shooting.
- I finish around noon (3-plus hours of intense work).
- I don’t play 5-on-5 in the offseason, but rather focus on my individual development.
- I follow this schedule 5-6 days per week.
I don’t seem to notice any mention of BBQ’s and Beer in there
The post also has breakdowns for Andre Iguodala and Deron Williams as well as a couple of videos, including the one below for Kevin Durant and an additional one for Dion Waiters