“I started collecting Wilt Chamberlain footage several years ago to build an image how he played the game. The latest video I’ve made attempts to showcase his game as completely as has ever been done before.
- Physical Tools and Mentality intro (starts at 0:20)
- Left block scoring (starts at 17:08)
- Right block scoring (starts at 25:00)
- Lobs – Deep catches – Transition scoring (starts at 33:31)
- Two Person Game scoring (starts at 43:40)
- Offensive Rebound scoring (starts at 49:36)
All known HS, NCAA, NBA Career FGM footage. I counted that only about 2.4% of his total career field goals exists on film. If you take his FGM per-game averages, this equates to approximately 29 random games worth of field goals (though many more games than that are represented here, in smaller incomplete pieces, as many sources are documentary clips that only show a few baskets from a given game).
As a result of the documentary source material rather than the more ideal game broadcast footage not all of the plays contain enough footage to reveal the entire play unfold. Sometimes the entry pass, or even the initial move is missing leaving only the finish, but I’ve done my best to reveal as much of the plays as possible and categorize them accordingly.”